Our 350 chevy V8 Powered 1969 VW Beetle Hot Rod Project
Sign up here to get updates on
Our V8 Bug Project!

Search The V8 Beetle Resource

Starting to strip down the doors

Welding the Body back Together Again

Cutting the body in half

Widening the body 8"

Pictures of the widened body sitting on the chassis outside

Well I decided to go even wider with the body, here are a few pictures of the body sitting on the chassis at its new width!

Next I wanted to start working on the doors, which were rusted out on the bottoms and the lower door hinges were froze!

More Progress on the drivers side door, plus installing stainless steel hinges UPDATED 6-14-12

Next I started working on the other door, here I cut the convertible door apart and welded the bottom of a regular door to it. UPDATED 6-27-12


- Home - About Our Beetle - Our Plans - Getting it Home - Collecting Parts - Stripping the Beetle - Body Work -
- Engine & Trans. - Chassis - Cost of Project - Links/Resources - Visitors Gallery - Site Map - Contact Us -